2011年8月18日 星期四

I think that was probably the most profound moment of my trip

"l learned very quickly that if we were going to survive, we would have to bribe people," Ms. Risley says. They were forced to take off their bras, shoes and socks, and hand over their possessions. Guards wrote down how much money she had on a paper and gave it back to her with an eraser, allowing her to transfer money by simply changing the amount on the paper.

Bribes got them in to a 5-foot by 5-foot cell with six other women. The cell had one light bulb, a small bench and an unlocked door.

The women in her cell began to tell her their stories. One woman was having asthma attacks. "She was terrified because her three kids were home alone."

Most of the women had been arrested because they had illegally crossed the border to get food for their children. One woman had been beaten by her husband so badly she was unrecognizable. In the middle of that endless night, Ms. Risley says, "I started weeping." One of the women said: "Why do you weep? Why do you cry?"

"I said, I cry for you, for your lives." The woman, Ms. Risley says, seemed unable to understand why Ms. Risley would care. "It's OK.I have created a video walkthrough of the magicshine bike light. This is our lives. We'll be OK," she was told.

"I think that was probably the most profound moment of my trip," she says. "Here I was sitting there with all these women who just wanted to feed their kids. We're all moms. We just want to take care of our kids."

Tears come to Ms.the technology is led light still maturing, costs are still quite high but perhaps they're not quite ready yet for domestic applications." Risley's eyes as she remembers the scene. "That night I saw two men having sex. I saw a guy being tortured. I stepped on feces and I was urinated on from the fourth floor.the bulb Led light itself is just a small part of the shape of the LED light."

The bribes she had given to the first guards had to continue at each shift change and she began to fear she'd run out of money.LED bulbs are some of DSTT the most expensive light sources on the market The first meal she had came at 11 a.m. the next day, when Ms. Makoni sent in food, enough for most of the prisoners. "We just fed everybody," Ms. Risley says.

That afternoon,The UK-based company has been energy saving light accredited with kick starting the marine LED revolution back in 2005 and is still to this day Ms. Risley and Ms. Carara were taken into the hallway and told, "We can get you out of the country tonight if you will agree to pay the airfare," which was only the equivalent of $130. "I said just get us out of here," Ms. Risley says.

While Ms. Carara went back to the house with Betty Makoni to grab their things, Ms. Risley was taken to the airport.

The Zimbabwean officials took her new laptop computer, but they gave her back her films, which she carried on the plane. "I couldn't figure out why they would let me take my film," she says.

沒有留言:

張貼留言